Math skills covered
- Identify the 2 digits of a 2-digit number as tens and ones (1.NBT.B.2)
- Continue to support students’ ability to mentally find 10 more and 10 less than a number (1.NBT.C.5)
- Count pennies, nickels, dimes, and quarters (2.MD.C.8)
- Continue to support students’ understanding of skip counting (2.NBT.A.2)
- Teacher Guides for Grades 1-2
- Display Slides for Grades 1-2
We recommend that students use real coins for this activity. Play money can be purchased separately from EAI Education, Amazon or any other educational supplies store.